National Dog Walking Register
If you are out all day or planning on leaving your dog for more than about 4 hours then this site is for you. It is generally agreed that no dog should be left for any longer than about 4 hours and so you may need the services of a Dog Walker or a Dog Walking service. So, to find a dog walker, just click the "Find a Dog Walker Button" further down this page.
The big question is how to find a Dog Walking service or an individual Dog Walker?
We have scoured all the available resources to bring to you what we believe to be the best and most complete register of UK Dog Walkers and businesses, providing a dog walking service.
This site is free to use if you are searching for a Dog Walker or require a Dog Walking service.
This site is also free if you want to advertise your dog walking service, although we do have paid advertising options for those who run a larger Dog Walking operation and would like to have a more prominent position on the site. Click HERE for more details.
To search for a Dog Walker just click the "Find a Dog Walker" button; select the area where you live then contact the Dog Walkers listed there. Please remember that it is your responsibility to ensure that you are happy with the Dog Walker / Walking service you have chosen and that the National Dog Walking Register accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the Dog Walkers listed on this site.
There is currently no national legislation governing Dog Walkers and Dog Walking although some local councils do have restrictions on where professional Dog Walkers can walk their dogs and also how many dogs can be walked at the same time.
Questions you might like to ask your prospective Dog Walker / Dog Walking Service
- Are they and their dog walkers insured? Ask to see the certificate. What does it cover? Loss of keys? 3rd party cover in the event of an accident? Transporting the dogs?
- Do they and their dog walking staff have up to date DBS (Disclosure and Barring Services) checks which were previously called CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) checks? Ask to see the certificates.
- If you wish your dog to be walked alone then check that this service is provided.
- If you wish your dog to be walked with other dogs ask how many are walked at one time. Generally 4 is the maximum number of dogs 1 person should walk at a time.
- Are walks on / off lead? What do you want for your dog.
- Where will your dog(s) be walked?
- Can your Dog Walker / Dog Walking Service provide references? If they can then take them up.
- How much are the walks? Depending on where you are in the country, how long the walk is and whether it is a pack or solo walk prices can vary from £5 to £20 but check what you are getting.
- How long will the walk be? Does this include or exclude taking the dog to/from the walk?
- If the dogs are transported in a van or car are they securely caged?
If you have any suggestions or comments about the site or wish to have an entry added or removed then please contact us via e-mail at